douglasthornley71

reading4fun

I love books I can't get enough. I like to read, write about, shop for and talk about books.

Why did she run?

One Step Too Far - Tina Seskis

You'll want to read "One Step Too Far" again after the first fun read. It is one of those books that you think you have figured out only to realize that you got it all wrong.
It's a very easy book to read, like running down hill, because it's written so well. You find out about the twin sisters Emily and Caroline and their complicated relationship that eventually changes many relationships. The novel begins with Emily starting off her new life with no husband and no son. Catherine which is Emily's new name, finds herself alone and afraid in a new place surrounded by a whole new group of acquaintances. With help of one of her new friends Angle, she learns to cope and land a new job along with her new life. But as things turn out Angle has just as much impact on the old Emily's life as she does on the new Catherine's. Emily can change her name, where she lives and her friends but in the end she is always running into herself.
Though the Reading Room gave me a copy of the novel to review it in no way did it influenced my opinion. 4 and a half stars.