douglasthornley71

reading4fun

I love books I can't get enough. I like to read, write about, shop for and talk about books.

Very Deep

Defective - Susan Sofayov

This is why I love Goodreads, it gives me a chance to discover beautiful gems like "DEFECTIVE.' From the beginning I learned a wealth of information about people who suffer from a Bipolar condition. I love the way it put bipolar on the same plane as diabetes, high blood pressure or any other condition that requires daily medication for life. That's the way I look at other conditions also like alcoholism or drug addiction. These things should not be hidden or looked down on just as a heart murmur should not.
But the book is much more, it is a love, a mystery and detective story also. The last half of the book I could not stop reading until it was done. The novel also touches on the way mental health patients were treated not too long ago in this country and how far we have come, but also how far we have to go.
In conclusion I would recommend this book to everyone it is done very well and in no way DEFECTIVE.
I've received a advance copy of "DEFECTIVE" for my review and I have not let it effect my review of the novel.